There are many health issues that men face, especially as they get older. It isn’t always the issues that you might expect that pose the biggest threats. Here are some of the most common conditions that men face.
- Heart Disease: 1 in 3 men have some form of cardiovascular disease, according to the American Heart Association.
- Cancer: More men are diagnosed with lung cancer each year than in the past, according to the American Lung Association. This is the second leading cause of death in men, according to the CDC.
- Unintentional Injuries and Accidents: In 2009, this was the 3rd leading cause of death for men, according to the CDC.
- Alcoholism: Men experience higher rates of alcohol-related deaths and hospitalizations than women, according to the CDC.
- Depression: Men are less likely to acknowledge the condition and seek help. Men are also more likely to die by suicide, even though women are more likely to attempt suicide.
To learn more about men’s health in a free and informal setting, register TODAY for a free men’s health seminar on Wednesday, July 25 at 7 pm! Get to meet our team and learn to be proactive in your health to enjoy a great quality of life no matter what stage of life you’re in. Remember – you aren’t the only one facing these issues. With professional help and advice, you can overcome your conditions and enjoy life to the fullest.